Thursday, September 4, 2008

Our fabulous country

I have tried to commit to being an informed voter so I am watching both conventions with an open mind (I wish everyone would do that). Anyway, I love the fact that we live in a country where no one dictates to us how we should vote. I love the fact that we are free to express our opinions and develop values based on our beliefs. Can you imagine how you would feel if someone dictated to you what you should believe? It would be ok for a while if they were "preaching" what you wanted to hear but the first time they (he/she/it) mandated something you didn't believe in or could get behind - wow....that would be awful! At least in this country we can educate ourselves and we are able to ask questions and seek more information!

I got in the middle of an e-mail stream from one of the those silly forwards (I don't know why people forward crap via e-mails without checking out the source anyway). Anyway, this forward had to do with Obama so I was copied on all of these back and forth e-mails between an extreme right and an extreme left (two peas in a pod if you ask me). Finally, after reading their opinions I simply said - "isn't it nice to live in a country where each of you can express your opinion and no one dictates to you how to vote - it's a beautiful thing..God Bless America (although I am convinced that God would have no part of politics but that is for another day and another blog).

Funny - neither person replied and they kept arguing back and forth - both being ugly to the other.

I am thankful that I don't have to agree or live by either one of their beliefs - God bless this fabulous country!

No comments: