Friday, September 5, 2008

Fabulous coffee

No deep thought here but just reflecting on all of the years I missed out on they yummy taste of a cafe mocha or a delicious coffee with cream and splenda! Did this coffee era always exist or has it just been popular with the start-up of Starbucks and others..I have no idea. I remember my mom and dad always drinking coffee (plain black) but don't remember seeing coffee bars on every corner and in the lobbies of churches.

We went to a church while on vacation in Destin, FLA one time and they had a coffee bar in the lobby (like a real Starbucks - so funny). Anyway, although I missed several years of (college years until about 3 years ago) - I am making up for it now! I LOVE COFFEE! I like the taste (and obviously the caffeine).

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't drink coffee ... and I don't think I'll ever want to! :)

El Shaddai Ranch said...

I'm with you Kristin - I love the smell, hate the taste. I've tried all sorts, the only thing I can get into is a Chai Latte, if it's not too hot. I keep waiting for this coffee thing to hit me, but it just hasn't.

Holly said...

Thanks for the encouragement - now it's a great story but at the time I was terrified!

I love coffee. Love it. If you ever get a chance, try the Dunkin Donuts brand at Wal-Mart - it's expensive but it's like sipping heaven every morning.

Paige said...

Me neither--smells great, but I don't want to drink it. And thank goodness, or it would be one more thing out of control in my life--I need another addictino like I need a hole in my head