Wednesday, August 6, 2008

First time at my own blog site

I am so excited to create my own blog site where I can interact with other "great minds" about motherhood, careers, politics, decorating, cooking (NOT), and chocolate!!

I am the mother of three and my two oldest just started school today! The first day of school is so exciting. Whether you are in elementary or college - it is a fresh start, a new day! I told my boys on the way to school that it is their chance to set a tone in their class as leaders and respectful students (not that they are capable of this 24/7 but I do believe they have the potential to be that type of student on a regular basis - especially when my husband and I set the expectations). They were so cute - my 6 year old said, "I am going to try really hard to say - yes sir, no sir, etc....."

We will see....

So, the first day of school is FAB! FAB because we get back in a routine as a household, FAB because despite some of the problems, public schools are great (kids interacting with diverse groups, learning to get along with others not JUST LIKE THEM - great life lessons), FAB because learning is exciting!

2 comments:

El Shaddai Ranch said...

Hey Cath - nice to see you are blogging. I love reading blogs. My brain has needed a respit from writing, but reading is still fun for me. I'll keep checking.

Unknown said...

And from another Kristin ...

I'm glad you're blogging. I think it's a great way to document your life, share ideas and get feedback.